Wiser Than I!Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Trusting God and giving Him our worries doesn’t mean we won’t have trials. But it does mean that He will help us through our trials. God is always with us and He always cares. There is nothing so trivial that God doesn’t see and know. “Let Him have all your worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you” (1 Peter 5:7). God has a plan for our lives and each thing that happens plays a part in bringing that plan to fruition.
One of the things that I know to be true is that God is much wiser than I am! (Oh, so much wiser!) His word offers such help as we struggle in our journeys to a better understanding of His love for us. I am learning daily to trust Him for all the cares and worries in my life. He is able (and more than willing) to handle them all! My sister e-mailed me a great list of reasons not to worry which I have since printed out and tucked into my Bible. Each one is supported by a wonderful verse from the book of Matthew. I thought I’d share them with you today.
Seven Reasons Not to Worry:
- The same God who created life in you can be trusted with the details of your life. (Matthew 6:25)
- Worrying about the future hampers your efforts for today. (Matthew 6:26)
- Worrying is more harmful than helpful. (Matthew 6:27)
- God does not ignore those who depend on Him. (Matthew 6:28-30)
- Worry shows a lack of faith and understanding of God. (Matthew 6:31, 32)
- There are real challenges God wants us to pursue, and worrying keeps us from them. (Matthew 6:33)
- Living one day at a time keeps us from being consumed with worry. (Matthew 6:34)
Living for Him,
Linked with: Grace Cafe & Spiritual Sundays